Are you an ¨Indigo Child¨?
¨Indigo children¨ is the name given to the new type of human being born in this age.
Displaying amazing feats of intuition and intelligence beyond their years, these indigos have begun more of a common concept within our lexicon.
This list is developed by play therapist Jan Yordy , a former elementary school teacher and child counselor who’s been working with parents and children for 25 years.
Are you an Indigo too?
11 Indigo Traits
As we go over the list, see if you resonate with any of these traits:
1. May be strong willed independent thinkers who prefer to do their own thing rather than comply with authority figures/parents.
2. Have a wisdom and level of caring beyond their youthful experience.
3. Traditional Parenting and discipline strategies don’t appear effective with these children. If you try to force an issue, a power struggle is the typical outcome.
4. Energetically, Indigos are vibrating at a much higher frequency so they can get scrambled by negative energy (human or machine).
5. Emotionally they can be reactive and may have problems with anxiety, depression or temper rages if not energetically balanced.
6. Are creative right brain thinkers, but may struggle to learn in a traditional left brain school system.
7. Often Indigos are diagnosed with ADD and ADHD since they appear impulsive (their brain can process information faster) and they require movement to help keep them better focused.
8. Indigos are very intuitive, and may see hear or know things that seem unexplainable.
9. Indigos have more problems with food and environmental sensitivities, since their system is more finely tuned.
10. When their needs are not met, these children seem self centered and demanding, although this is not their true nature.
11. These children have incredible gifts and potential, but they may be shut down when not properly nurtured and accepted.
Indigo Children, welcome to ¨the club¨
You recognize yourself above? Could you be a part of the “next step in human evolution?”
Explore the possibilities...
Don’t impose ideologies on them
When the first thing you’re taught is “life is this way, you must act in obey this way of thinking and you have no say in the matter” you have no choice as a little three year old but to listen.
Allow your children to create their own world with their own rules. Guide them, show them from right and wrong but let them learn it themselves.
Children don’t need to be immediately taught about God, they just experienced it. Their connection to Source energy is incredibly strong.
Let them explore their imagination and bask in its realness. It is very much real, their creativity is infinitely beautiful.
Teach them about Gender Fluidity
Ultimately, we are bodiless all-knowing energies that exist beyond gender. It’s more than okay to be gay, transgender or identify as both or neither genders.
Teach your children that love transcends biology and what society has deemed normal. It’s okay for boy’s to wear dresses and play with dolls. It’s okay for girls to play with cars and dress like a ‘tom boy’.
Let your child decide, you don’t need to explain the psychology behind why people are transgender; they inherently understand already.
Show them both sides of the coin, explain how blue is a color, not a boys color.
Explain how boys can wear pink. Explain that running, throwing or acting like a girl means absolutely nothing.
Explain that we’re taught these things and that doesn’t mean it’s actually the truth.
This isn’t an inappropriate or bizarre topic to explain to a child, they have wisdom beyond their years and understand through feeling.
Let them be Who They Are
Let your kids dress themselves, define themselves, question themselves and explore themselves. They are new to physicality and it’s all very exciting.
If a boy wants to wear a dress, there is no problem with that other than the ones you or society has created.
Let them draw messily and praise them for it. Praise them for trying and acting with passion. Engage with their crazy ramblings, let them get stuck on a thought and work around it.
This is how you learn.
Encourage them with positivity, not negative reinforcement. It’s been proven that positive reinforcement works and it feels good for everyone.
Listen to them
Children are hilarious, beautifully wise, insightful and just plain silly. Some children have an incredible sense of self and can articulate fully at a very young age. Others are quiet but empathic, taking everyone’s energies in. Others are rash, loud and restless.
See how they act around you verses others. Feel your child’s energy; as a mother specifically, they are a complete extension of you.
Both parents are intimately connected with their child, and it seems as we grow up that connection can fade. The design of society has completely shifted our way of family living.
Listen to your child without judgment. Let them know and show them that it is safe for them to be who they are. Show them by keeping your word, understanding their point of view and actually taking the time to process their feelings.
Don’t assume children are lesser because they are young. They have just come from Source, they are infinite creatures of creation.